"Hausa
girl, wake up and start preparing for your interview o, we don't sleep like
this in Lagos"
"It's just 8 am na. My interview
is for 1 pm. You want me to go there and start waiting?"
"There might be traffic, it might
rain, and you can never predict this City. Just get up and get set. Better be
too early than late".
Stumbled on this website lara.ng on
twitter and it has been a lifesaver ever since. The website gives road trip
directions, where you will get a bus or BRT and how much you'd pay for every trip
from your house to your destination.
I struggled to get out of bed and get
prepared. Peeping outside, I saw that the cloud was pregnant and it was about
to rain so I hurried up and left the house.
Getting to Palmgrove bus stop, the rain started heavily and I had to stop at the fuel station at Mama Cass so I
don't get drenched before getting to Yaba, my venue for the interview.
"Hello, I love your shoes, they
are so classy," said a lady that was standing close to me at the pump
station. "Awww. Thank you so much", I replied. "We should go sit
inside the eatery, I don't think they will ask us to get anything before we
could sit there". I agreed with the lady and we sat inside the eatery.
1 hour later, it was still raining and
I was beginning to get worried as time was running fast and it doesn't look
like the rain was going to stop anytime soon. I dialed K and he said I should
walk over the pedestrian bridge and I'll get a bus heading to Yaba.
In my mind, I was like 'so I have to
walk inside this rain?'. I had a thousand and one thoughts in my head but
missing this interview or going late wasn't part of it. It was already 12 pm at
this time.
I walked over the pedestrian bridge
and didn't get a bus so I decided to board a Lagos Taxi. *Don't shout 'AGAIN',
please*.😑😑

From lara.ng , a danfo is supposed to
get me to Yaba for 100 naira from Palmgrove but your favorite northern JJC paid
1,200 for a trip that isn't up to 25mins. The cabman kept saying "there's
traffic, erosion, this and that". Desperate me entered the Taxi and I
immediately started crying.
I was drenched from head to toe, lost
my self-confidence and preparedness for the interview and here I am being
cheated in broad daylight again.
We got to Yaba in a short time and I
was shocked that I just paid 1,200 for such a short distance. As if that was
not enough, I got a bike from Yaba bus stop to Montgomery road for 300. I cried
when I realized that it was a trekkable distance.
After this experience, I swore to
never get cheated in this Lagos again. But is that even possible? Find out more
in the next episode.
Till then, drink water and mind your
business. Stay Bless.

LMAO,this happens to me all the time. whenever I visit a new place...
ReplyDeleteIt's painful o. Very painful sef. I cried eh, like this thing can't happen to me in my own area naw, haba. Lool.
ReplyDeleteI am still laughing oooo😃😃😃
ReplyDelete😩😩😩😩
DeleteYou are sowing seeds that will yield babe! Keep dashing them lol
ReplyDeleteSowing seed? I pray oo. Who wee now sow into my own life?🤣😂🤣
DeleteI dash NO MORE ❌❌❌
This is Lagos, shine ya eyes... Nice piece. Hahaha no be small jjc o
ReplyDeleteIt happened to me in Abuja back then,was going to Ibro hotel from sky memorial, the cab guy said #250 and #250 na big money for cab in 2008 then, there was a junction next to where I was standing, i entered immediately the man turned I saw the gate to Ibro hotel I wan kpai, see vex.. .I pay oo
I'm shining the eyes o. Ha, it's painful sha.
ReplyDeleteLool, 250 for a trekable distance, hahahahhah. We've all been robbed in one way or the other.
You must pay bayi na, hahahhah. One has to be street-smart ALWAYS!
welcome to Lagos... i want to laugh, but i shouldnt do that to Promise
ReplyDeleteThank you Aunty Osas. Please don't laugh at Promise, just encourage her. Lool
Deletehahahahahaha! Lagos life no be play play. its already part of your story.
ReplyDeleteYou can say that again Sam. Lool
DeleteI just remembered that week that conductors kept running with your change🤣🤣