A part of me always struggles to get off from bed on Monday mornings while another part wants to disappear and be in the office. From long meetings to strategy sessions, to brainstorming sessions and long screen times, the day ends with me exhausted and drained.
Walking to the junction that evening, I couldn't wait to get my wig off because I needed my sanity back as I hate anything that makes me uncomfortable and at this time, this wig was one of them.
‘Keke, Jibowu’ I said as soon as I saw an empty tricycle heading my direction.
‘50 naira. Hanty hold your change o’, the Keke man replied. I dragged my tired self into the tricycle.
Too tired and drained, I paid my fare, settled in the Keke properly and then took my wig off. The ride to Jibowu was quite long as traffic was already building up around Yaba Tech. I relaxed with some nice tracks from The Weekend.
As I got to my bus stop, I alighted from the Keke only for the driver to demand his fare again (remember I had paid immediately I entered at the pickup point). He said he doesn't remember picking me up and the only lady he picked had hair extensions.๐คฃ๐
Me: Baba, I'm the lady you picked at Sabo. I only removed my wig bayi.
Keke man: Ha, you removed kini? All these women eh
Me: Eh, I removed the hair wey I wear on top my head ni.
Keke man: See as you change. Ha, Women! For this Lagos laidis, the girls' wey go enter Heaven no reach 100.
Getting home that evening, I couldn't stop laughing and trust me, I had already called Ope to give her the whole gist. The beautiful part of the evening incident was that the memory kept me smiling all through that week and ease of the stress that accompanied that day.
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
About Onisofe's Diary
Onisofe's Diary is a journal that talks about all of Onisofe's experiences. Read, Laugh, Smile and don't forget to leave a comment. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment