Sunday, September 1, 2019

AN INCOMPLETE PAYMENT

 After the close of work on the last working day of the week, I dropped by at a friend's place before going home which made me extra late (a story for another day). Our bus is in motion and five minutes later.

 “Oya, your money line by line”
 Everyone passes their money to the driver like we are used to in this Lagos.
 The fare is 100 Naira, we give the driver 500 for four passengers at the back and ask him to send back 100 naira which should be my balance because I had 200 naira.

 Driver: Who never pay me o, e remain one person.
 Passenger: Everybody don pay you, bring 100 naira change abeg.
 Driver: The money wey dey my hand na the complete transport and if you wan collect change person never pay.
 Me: Driver my change o
 Passenger: who never pay na. Me I give driver 500 for 4. Na me dey pass the money so I collect for everyone.
 Passengers arguing back and forth and local girl is relaxed watching the drama.
 Driver: Why person go wan cheat baba like me? If you no get the money you for tell me or beg me make I help you.
 Passengers concur immediately. Local girl is the only person being owed and the driver isn’t listening.
 Driver: my money must complete o. The person wey wan collect change, you sure say you pay?

 Local girl is quiet until she gets to her bus stop.
 Local girl: Driver my change
 The driver was quiet for a long time, and then starts cursing but hands me my change and I walk away.
 Ps: If you stole Baba's money, the curse must have worked.

Credit: Lara.

8 comments:

  1. Thank God say the change reach your hand shikena. 😂 Nice one darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God oo, if not, the story for change gan 😂🤣

      Thanks dearie❤️

      Delete
  2. The most important thing be say you collect your change.

    Why are some Lagosians this shrewd?

    Na wa oo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abi ooo. Na that one dey important🤣

      My sister, I don’t even know o 🤷‍♀️

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Lool. Who I be? Make them just gimme my change make i waka pass jejely.

      Delete
  4. Hahahhahahah..
    You won this time around.
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah, I've started shining my eyes o.

      Thank you.

      Delete

Follow Me on All social Media Platforms @onisofee